Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Native Instruments Awesomeness

Yesterday I was geeking out with Dave Braxton at Dog and Pony about The Mouth, an amazing sound controlled synth. I love Native Instruments software. Kontakt is one of my favorite tools for processing sounds, and there are more than a few things within Reaktor that easily spark sound generation creativity. However, Dave opened my ears to some new Native Instruments awesomeness that I was not hip to: BATTERY.
I knew of Battery as a drum sampler, but after Dave showed me some of the ways he uses it for sound design, I was blown away by the capabilities! I'm definitely going to try to incorporate Battery into my workflow more now, especially for footsteps when Foley is not an option due to budget or time. Here is a great demo video of some of the possibilities Battery holds for creating sounds:


.

No comments:

Post a Comment